The Using Moodle tutorial will cover how to:
- Create a course in Moodle and add content, such as worksheets or links to websites
- Use forums, chats and messaging for communication and collaboration
- Set up assessment activities, with the option of students receiving instant feedback
- Manage students and monitor their participation
- Give students additional roles, such as forum moderator or, if necessary to restrict access
There will be opportunities throughout the tutorial for delegates to ask questions, and you’ll need to pay attention as questions may be asked too!
Delegates will be given a copy of the book “Using Moodle” plus supplementary materials describing how to make use of Moodle’s roles and permissions system.
Tutor Biography: Helen Foster is a Moodle administrator for the site with the most users (over 400,000 with more than 500 new users daily) – moodle.org – and is a facilitator for the Using Moodle course, which provides free 24-hour support for Moodle users worldwide. Helen now works full-time for Moodle as the Community Manager.
Please note places are limited and early booking is essential. Early bird booking deadline is 13th June, final booking deadline is 24th June 2008
Venue: Imperial Hotel, Russell Square, London WC1B 5BB
For further information please visit: http://www.ukuug.org/events/moodle/