Objective: Introduce participants to Open Source ERP solutions, compare Open Source and Proprietary ERP, discover how to implement Open Source ERP, review case studies and learn how to evaluate ERP for your organisation.
Date: Monday, 24 August 2009 – 0930 – 1600 (lunch included)
Venue: British Computer Society, First Floor, The Davidson Building, 5 Southampton Street, London, WC2E 7HA
Cost: Â£65 Non Members, Â£55 Members
– What are the features that make an ERP?
– What is open source?
– Review of the leading open source ERP solutions
– Analysis of the ERP solution marketplace (open source & proprietary)
– What to look for in an open source ERP product
– Tour of an open source ERP
– Implementing open source ERP
– Managing ERP implementation
– Features of a typical open source ERP adopter
– Case studies
– ERP and the business eco-system
Michael Judd is an Accountant and has held roles such as European Financial Controller and Manager of Global Financial Systems in FTSE 100 businesses before entering consulting in 2002.Â Michael has worked with Cable & Wireless, Barclays Bank, British Telecom and many medium sized organisations to deliver process efficiencies and better leverage ICT platforms. Michael is a specialist in designing & implementing business eco-systems based on open source platforms.Â Michael is a Director of Akuna Ltd, a business consultancy leading the UK in leveraging professional open source technology.
Norbert Wessel is CEO of metas, Germanys leading ADempiere ERP Implementor and co-founder of the German ADempiere society where he serves the board. Norbert has presented at major events like Cebit, Linuxtag (Germany), OpenExpo (Switzerland), Profoss (Brussels) and others.
How to Join:
To join the conference or for more information please contact Michael Judd on 08444 84 3590 or via this form.