The UK Unix and Open Systems User Group (UKUUG) are holding FAB 2008 – File and Backup seminars in Central London on the 19th and 20th February 2008. The UKUUG Secretariat are allowing all OSSG members who wish to attend to do so at the same rate as UKUUG members.
Disk storage capacities have taken off enormously in the past few years, while user expectations of data storage have become more exacting as data is being produced at a frantic rate and the management of this data has become critical to the core functions of many organisations. This has changed the problems of data management that the system administrator has to cope with. These seminars, held in Central London, is a review of current best practice and technologies for the system administrator.
Tuesday 19th February topics include:
- Clustering with GFS2 shared-storage file system – RedHat
- An introduction to High Availability
- How companies achieve High Availability
- Secure Network Filesystems with OpenAFS – Simon Wilkinson
- Storage at 1billion km per hour – CERN
Wednesday 20th February topics include:
- Reliable backups without tapes
- Orchestrating your Data Center
- Backup and Recovery with Bacula (by it’s lead developer and founder)
- Backup integration with filesystem snapshot capability
- plus a session of lightning talks of experiences adn tips by attendees
Send abstracts or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Bird rate (until 23rd Jan):
- UKUUG and OSSG members: Ã‚Â£94 inc. VAT for either day, or Ã‚Â£164.50 for both days.
- Non-members: Ã‚Â£111.62 inc. VAT for either day, or Ã‚Â£199.75 for both.
Each seminar will start at 9:45 and finish at approximately 17:00. Delegates are invited for a complimentary ‘beer’ in the hotel bar area at the end of each day
For further information please visit : http://www.ukuug.org/events/seminars/fab/